DL courses "Understanding and enhancing Digital Infrastructure" are free and each edition runs for 6 weeks. The educational activity is divided up as follows:
- In the first week the meeting is held in person to get to know one another, find out about the course together and the instructions on how to access the online platform and use its contents;
- Distance-learning takes place from the second to the fifth week, the students are required to login to the platform regularly in order to use the asynchronous content and take part in the meeting with teachers in the virtual classroom on Fridays;
- In the last week the class is held to discuss the activities carried out, future goals and final assessment.
Each of the 4 modules that make up the teaching offer lasts one week, in which the students perform the following tasks:
- Watch three video lessons (one for each topic relating to the module) lasting approximately 100 minutes in total;
- Use the in-depth text and/or multimedia materials;
- Discuss and communicate via the platform's forums;
- Participate in the meeting with teachers via Web conferencing in the virtual classroom;
- Sit the module closing assessment test.
The training activity will be organised by Italian or foreign university lecturers, researchers/technologists from the GARR Consortium, research institutions (INFN, CNR, INAF et al.) and innovative companies.