Intensive professional refresher courses for APMs
This Training Objective is intended for Access Port Managers (APM) from organisations linked to the GARR network in the 4 Convergence Objective Regions.
The intensive professional refresher courses are aimed at reinforcing the technical knowledge of staff dedicated to this task, enabling them to grow professionally within their own institution. The courses also enable the organisation the intervention is aimed at making the best use of innovations made possible by the implementation of the Development Project, thanks to competent staff who can adapt their own internal structure to the potential available on the fibre-optic digital infrastructure achieved with GARR-X Progress.
The skills that trainees acquire during the course relate to the advanced technologies of networking, computing and distributed storage used in the implementation the Garr-X Progress project.
The topics covered will be:
- The GARR network management and monitoring, NOC activities;
- CERT, Security of networks and data;
- Optical transmission techniques,
- Authentication and authorization infrastructures - The IDEM federation;
- Open Educational Resource;
- NIC, LIR, DNS
- Content management systems;
- LOLA and videoconference services;
- Network design and management for a data centre.
Four editions of the Intensive Courses will be provided:
- Bari, 17-20 March
- Naples, 14-17 April
- Reggio Calabria, 19-22 May - Schools Edition
- Catania, 16-19 June