Mauro Magrassi, an electronics engineer, responsible for developing new services for the Milan Internet Exchange, the main traffic interchange point for operators, Netscalibur (previously Unisource) from 1995 to 2006, and with many years of experience in the context of IP protocol technologies, Mauro Magrassi has participated in the growth of Netscalibur since its origins, significantly contributing to developing infrastructure and the technological vision. He has previously held the post of Head of Software Development and Networking at Aitek, an Italian technology consulting, software design and development company.
Systems and procedures necessary to connect to a Neutral Access Point/Internet exchange:
- L1 Introduction – Objectives – Guidelines: Technique and Strategy
- L2 Internet routing - BGP4, AS, IP addr - Network QoS: Latency and Jitter
- L3 Peering and Transit
- L4 The Actors on Stage: Tier-1s, incumbents, S/M ISP, OTTs
- L5 IXPs and the Early Days: Where and Why to create an Exchange, Development and Affirmation: Global Hubs and Network Citadels
- L6 Clash of the Titans: Depeering et al.
- L7 Structure of IXPs: Consortium, Profit - Non-profit, USA Model, EU Model
- L8 IXP and à la Carte Menu: Overview of Services